Makeup should enhance beauty and create a perfect finish for photography. To be able to achieve a dewy natural look and allow makeup to blend well with your skin, your skin must be supple, smooth and silky. Here are some steps that you need to do to prepare your skin for makeup.
At least a day prior to applying makeup
- If you can afford it, get a full facial to rejuvenate and relax skin. A full facial helps lift dirt out of your skin and clears out pores to allow your skin to glow and feel soft. You need at least a day to help redness and swelling subside due to pricking and any effect from the products applied to your skin.
At least 8 hours prior to applying makeup
- If you were not able to get a full facial, exfoliate your skin with an apricot scrub. Gently massage your face in circular motion using your ring finger. Do not rub too much since this will irritate your skin. I usually use Clarisonic with the scrub to lift dirt and dead skin.
NOTE: Do not exfoliate if you have breakouts or acne since this will irritate your skin more. Instead, use an anti-inflammatory topical ointment to reduce swelling and redness.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with cotton pads. Do not rub.
- Apply an eye cream and moisturizer
Prior to makeup application
- Clean face with facial wipes or wash face with warm water and facial wash. Rinse with cold water.
- Apply moisturizer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Apply primer. I prefer using silicone primer since it fills out fine lines and evens out the texture of your skin
To know when your skin is ready for makeup, it should feel soft and smooth. Hope this will help you prepare for your big day! ♥