At first I was under impression that I only need to make them look flawless on stage but later that day I was told that I need to put liners on their eyes too (I was like WTF no!) Anyway here are some things that I have learned and steps I followed in doing their makeup.
2. Make sure that you match the correct foundation/concealer shade with the skin tone - I have to mix alot of shades to really match the color on their skin to make it appear that the foundation is like their skin. I brought 3 shades - light, medium and dark - and mix them together to get a perfect match
3. Use waterproof foundation - guys tend to sweat more than girls so I used waterproof foundation to make sure that it will last for a longer time and prevent reapplying or retouching throughout the event.
4. Do not use products with SPF - since these guys are expected to have their photos taken, I ensured that I do not go beyond 15SPF for the products that I used.
5. Apply very thin layer of foundation to even out skin color and gradually build up to specific areas that need coverage - I used a buffer brush and applied the foundation using the stippling technique just to have a very thin layer of the foundation over the skin to even out skin. Then for areas with breakouts or acne scars, I gradually build up the product until I get the flawless coverage that I want. For areas that require alot of work, spot concealing is recommended so their face do not look so made up.
6. Bring back the contour on their face - guys have more prominent contours than women so it is important that their masculine features are still visible. Contours should be very subtle as they would tend to look like a drag queen when overly done.
7. Groom their eyebrows. - Sometimes there are brows that would require a little bit of shaving and cutting, but if your client doesn't want their brows touched then just use a brow gel and comb the brow with a spool brush to keep the brows in place. When needed, apply a brow powder using an angled brush to define the shape of the brows.
8. Apply a transluscent gloss on their lips to make them appear moisturized and hydrated. Do not apply too much to make it look natural.
9. Set everything with a powder.