Sigma Hollywood Glamour Review - Mirror and Kabuki

by - 9:32 PM

Hi everyone :) I know I have been MIA for a while and I haven't posted so much lately. This has already been long overdue so I would like to make a short review of 2 cute items I got from Sigma Makeup - these are the Heart Shaped Mirror in Blue Lagoon and the Flat Top Retractable Kabuki in Purple.

Erin from Sigma sent me the mirror last month so I can review the product and help me with the affiliate program. How sweet is that? As for the kabuki, I am a purple freak so that didn't escape from me and I really had to buy it ^_~.

Hollywood Glamour Flat Top Retractable Kabuki - Purple

I remember myself posting in twitter how I wish Sigma Makeup would release purple brushes since I am so in love with the color. I got a DM from Sigma Makeup telling me that my wish might come true and 4 months after that they introduced the Hollywood Glamour Flat Top Retractable Kabuki in purple :)

The kabuki came in the same packaging as that of the first 3 retractable kabukis that they introduced. The only difference is that its top is flat, while the other three are round.

The kabuki is made of synthetic bristles, which Sigma just recently released as what they call the Synthetic Sigmax HD filament, designed for high definition, flawless makeup application. The site says that the "shape, density and height of the filaments were carefully engineered to perfectly buff products onto the skin, resulting in a high definition effect." Also, its fibers were claimed not to absorb product as much as other brushes do.

My Verdict: First, if you love the color then it will definitely be a plus since they chose a really posh purple shade which I think is the elegant purple shade. Second, if you already have purchased the F80 and loved it then you will fall in love all over again with the flat top kabuki when you see this one.

Even if this is made of synthetic bristles, honestly without knowing it is synthetic, I would have mistaken it for natural one. The brush is really soft, maybe even softer than one made of natural bristles. The first time it touched my face, I thought if it as a powder puff in a brush form. It is so soft that I developed this addiction of needing to brush it against my face even if I don't have to apply powder or any product on. Crazy, I know! ^_~

How the size of the brush was designed is alright- not too big and not too small. When I used to look at the brush in photos, I thought it was about a bit bigger than a lipstick and felt that the brush would be a miniature size of F80. So I have assumed that it would take longer for me to apply foundation or powder with this since the area it can cover will not be as much as the full size one. I was surprised to see that the amount of bristles on this is the same as the full size one.

The only difference that I noticed is that the full size is more compact than this. The bristles of the retractable kabuki are loosely bound than that of the full size one. I am not sure if this is something good or bad, but it depends on how you want to use it. I prefer density of the full size one when buffing and blending foundation, but I like the density of the retractable one when I am applying contours and blush. Even so, you can still achieve the same density as that of the full size with this small one, you just lift the retractable part to make the bristles compact and presto you have your full size kabuki brush to buff and blend :)

The only thing that I worry about this is if it would be rusty after some period of time. Also, I am particular with dents and since its case is made of aluminum (I think) metal, it is prone to scratches. So if you are very particular about that, I don't suggest throwing it in with the rest of the products that you have in your makeup kit. Put it somewhere in your purse where there are no hard or sharp objects.

Improvement ideas: It would be cool if its base can be something you can put a loose powder or blush pearls in. Then you only need to bring this and a lipstick with you. :)

Heart Shaped Mirror - Blue Lagoon

As I have mentioned, Erin sent me this product so I can review and use it as a sample for being a Sigma Affiliate. I have no idea what color she will be sending when I got the email but I was wishing hard that it would be the Pink Fire or the Blue Lagoon. I was so happy that she sent me the color that I want :D

Impression: OK when I first opened the box and took the mirror out, all I can say was this is jaw dropping! I mean literally! I don't know but maybe I am just easily amazed by anything that sparkle LOL. Anyway, I brought this as work to show to some girls and it was funny that guys also had to look at it too.

The mirror has rhinestones which is individually perfectly placed on the surface of its lid. The base has a Sigma engraving with a removable plastic protector to prevent it from scratches. I suggest you not remove the plastic if you want your mirror to look new and scratch free. Inside it has 2 mirrors, one with normal magnification and another with x5 magnification.

My Verdic: I find this mirror handy when you need to go on a formal event because it is like a jewelry and is available in different colors which can compliment your dress. It includes a black velvet pouch so you really don't have to worry about damaging it when you throw it in your purse with your other stuff.

Although, I think this mirror is only good as something you can use to check yourself and ensure that you still look OK during the day. If you are looking for something you can bring along so you can apply makeup on the go then this is too small to use. I definitely would love to bring this with me on a date :D

I think this is something that one color won't be enough. If you are into accessories, then I am sure you would won't be satisfied with just one color and you would have the need to buy at least 2-3 colors, or maybe all, to match your outfit. ^_~


*photos are taken from www.sigmabeauty.com
**This review is solely  my own and not in any way influenced by the company. The mirror is provided by Sigma Makeup for review and the kabuki brush is purchased by me.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Featured Posts