Shu Eumura Skin Purifier Product Review

by - 9:04 AM

I had this rare chance of trying the Shu Eumura Skin Purifier for really cheap... and when I say cheap, compared to its original retail price, I got it for almost free! :)

How? In my project at work, there was a fund raising wherein people would donate stuff they don't need and then those stuff were auctioned. I don't know how they came up with the minimum bid but they auctioned the 150ml bottle of the Shu Eumura Skin Purifier Cleansing Beauty Oil (Premium A/O Advanced Formula) for only Php300 (~7USD)! NOTE: Retail price in US is $34 and Php2.5K++ in the Philippines. I got it for Php380 - that's like my 2-way cab ride to the nearest Shu Eumura booth from home! I really don't know why people didn't bid on it.. but I would bid for it even up to Php1K :D

Anyway, I have been using this for almost month already so I believe that it's time to write a review about it. Apparently, this product is claimed to be the number 1 selling Shu Eumura cleansing oil in the world. The cleansing oil's advanced formula has green tea and ginko leaf extract which contains flavonoids. It has a strong anti-oxidant and micro circulation properties which maintain the skin's radiance and transparency. The product is designed to remove oxidized sebum, usually found in long wearing makeups and accelarates aging, which leaves your skin soft and young looking.

Likes: First, removing makeup is not that hard specially when removing eye makeup. With just 3 pumps of the product, I am able to get rid of the makeup. I use a waterproof liquid foundation and a waterproof mascara. If I am using a regular makeup remover, it requires me to clean 3 times before I get rid of everything, not to mention using an eye makeup remover for the eyes. If I am wearing just an eyeliner and mascara, I could skip the eye makeup remover and just add ang extra pump of the cleansing oil.

Second, I have a really dry skin so I find this product works a lot for me since facial cleansers tend to dry my skin even more. So using this product reduces my cleansing time since I use it as a makeup remover and facial cleanser at the same time and prevents my skin from drying.

Third, this product is mild to the eyes compared to regular facial cleansers and makeup removers. Unless I rub it directly into my eyes, I can easily remove eye makeup without worrying about my eyes. It could hurt my eyes at times but if I am careful enough not to rub so much, using this to remove eye makeup is fine. It feels gentle and unlike other facial cleansers, which normally I find itchy and sometimes sting, this product doesn't. Also I love how it smells and it leaves your face smelling good with a very subtle fragrance (imagine what happens when your boyfriend/husband tries giving you a goodnight kiss and he smells your face :D).

Lastly, I find this a very good deep cleansing product. After I apply enough on my skin and remove the makeup, I emulsify it with water, rinse and use another pump to deep cleanse my skin. I've noticed my skin feel supple and soft after I shower. Also, the dry areas on my face feel less dry. I knew that this is very effective as a cleanser because usually when I use regular facial cleansers, when I start applying toner, I would see residue of dirt on my cotton ball. When I started using this product, I seldom see residue and if ever there is, it's usually from the eye makeup that I missed (usually when I tight lined with an eyeliner and the product could not remove the liner under my lashline).

Dislikes: During the first week that I've used it, I experienced breakouts. I am not sure if it's because my skin is reacting to it or it's because the oil level of my skin became higher compared to what my skin's used to. With continuous use, the breakouts were reduced and I feel my skin is less dry. Also, at first, I feel weird using this since it doesn't feel like usual cleansers because of the oily feel but I got used to it and started loving it! I have used 1/5 of the bottle and will keep using it to test out its anti aging properties :)

My experience with the product was great and even if I have to purchase this again despite its price I definitely would. I think if this was cheaper I would recommend it 100% but if you are someone who are not into spending so much for skin care products, then this might be too expensive for you. There are combinations of products that could probably give the same results as this cleansing oil but I find this more convenient to use. This is great for people who travel a lot, since it saves you space by just bringing one product to both remove makeup, cleanse and moisturize the skin.

I am not sure if this is advisable to use for people who love the sun, but I wear sunblock everyday so that isn't much of my concern. Since this has green tea then I am hoping its anti aging properties would work for me.

If anyone has tried this product, please feel free to comment and let me know what are the advantages and disadvantages of this product.

^_^

ingredients: paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil, zea mays/corn germ oil, polysorbate 85, carthamus tinctorius oil/safflower seed oil, sorbitan trioleate, isopropyl myristate, dicaprylyl carbonate, undecane, maris aqua/sea water, tridecane, squalane, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis oil/jojoba seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, propylene glycol, tocopherol, limonene, linalool, camellia sinensis extract/camellia sinensis leaf extract, ginkgo biloba extract/ginkgo biloba leaf extract, parfum/fragrance

You May Also Like

0 comments

Featured Posts